Welcome to Penny Acres Primary School
"Teaching is consistently good and lessons are active and enjoyable." OFSTED report – January 2014
- is a small rural school in the village of Holmesfield
- has small class sizes
- has school dinners fully prepared and cooked on the premises
- has a large playground to the front and a playing field at the back of school
- is within a 5-10 minute drive from anywhere in Dronfield, Coal Aston or the Totley and Bradway areas of Sheffield and a 15 minute drive from the Newbold area of Chesterfield.
For details on where to find us, please see our location map.
Penny Acres Primary School was inspected in January 2014 and we were judged to be "Good".
- Achievement of pupils – Good
- Quality of teaching – Good
- Behaviour and safety of pupils – Good
- Leadership and management – Good
To view the full report please visit the OFSTED website (opens in a new window).
Achievement of pupils
"Pupils throughout the school make good progress. Pupils' good progress is reflected in the above-average numbers achieving the higher standards at the end of Year 6." OFSTED report – January 2014
Quality of teaching
"Teaching is consistently good and lessons are active and enjoyable."
"Learning is of consistently good quality because teachers use their subject knowledge effectively to set new challenges for all pupils." OFSTED report - January 2014
Behaviour and safety of pupils
"Pupils' behaviour is good and their attitudes to learning are strong. They work hard in class and enjoy being challenged."
"The school's work to keep pupils safe and secure is good." OFSTED report – January 2014
Leadership and management
"The determined leadership of the Headteacher has instilled in staff, pupils and parents a sense of high ambition and purpose to improve achievement and teaching quality." OFSTED report – January 2014